Monday, April 12, 2010

Remembering Grandma's House


Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!


I Thank God that He has allowed me to know you through all my growing- up years. My memories of being at Grandma and Grandpa’s house are vivid in my mind:

  • Getting wet in the sprinkler and having to wear Grandpa’s tee shirts was special!
  • I loved you, Grandma, giving me a bath. When I was clean you sang, “Stand up, stand up for Jesus!”
  • I loved spending the night at your house when Mom was in labor and we were waiting for the sweet new baby to come. You took such good care of us and made sure we all had enough blankets and fixed us our favorite food! The smell of your home was sweet and in the morning we sat in the living room and had family devotions. Grandpa would recite a couple psalms.
  • Your garden was abundant! I remember picking okra, corn and beans with you and Fama. Your vegetables were so good!
  • Your home was a reprieve from the hustle of life; it made me feel so happy and safe.


Through Mom’s stories of growing up I have gotten to know you better.

Thank you for praying for all of us and our cousins each day, as I know you do!


Every day I realize I am becoming more like you!


With all my love,


Dinah Seppi


No comments: