Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Whirlwind Weekend

Salmon Dinner






Regina is doing a hot-cold treatment
for her thumb she smashed in the sign maker.
Healing is remarkable.





Regina's story:
I had blood poisoning after my thumb got badly bruised in our sign maker. I thought is was just bruised, but after a couple days it hurt so much I was not using it for the space bar on my keyboard.


Saturday we attended the great Kaweah Old paths History Conference in the morning before heading to Yosemite for a wedding. Sunday morning I woke up with a red streak going up my arm.










I did an old hydrotherapy treatment a retired doctor taught us: four minutes soaking my arm in hot water (as hot as I could stand sometimes dipping it in and out) and one minute immersing my arm in cold water with ice.

I did this four times every 2-3 hours on Sunday, then two sessions on Monday morning. The red streak was gone by noon with only a bit of soreness left.

I took about four cloves garlic with each meal and 8-10 drops medicinal grade oregano oil in a capsule diluted with olive oil.

I also did the cold sheet treatment (Thank God for Mom helping and covering my mattress with plastic!) This treatment made me sweat out toxins. I've read that some people do this (even without the cold sheet part) when a cold is coming on and wake up better. It did help. I took two capsules cayenne, then a hot shower followed by two more capsules cayenne, wrapped myself in a cold wet flannel sheet, got in bed and covered up with two comforters.

We learned about hot and cold years ago when Mom had bronchitis. Doctor Shakespeare instructed me how to put hot towels on her chest (dipped in hot water and wrung out) and then a bag with crushed ice. She was exhausted at the end and went to sleep. The congestion started breaking up. We did another episode a couple days later and she was better.

Doctor Shakespeare used the treatment in Biafra during a civil war. He had very little medicine and people with limbs blown off and wounds coming to him. There he heated well water over a fire and used cool well water for the cold. He showed us slides of the people he'd helped and described how the infections started to drain and cleared up. Doctor says this increases circulation, drawing white blood cells to the area to work on the infection.

~Regina
Our Men





Adam is a great teacher.
He credits the catechisms for training the mind.
We were amazed with his careful
loving correction of his children. ~Es


I was awed to see a little one who could barely talk confess to her daddy that she had done wrong. She is constantly being gently and firmly corrected by the Law of God. That is the making of a joyful, godly woman. This is family evangelism. ~R


A Mother in Israel


Dinah loves "Bear."
Adam is a CPA, assisting businesses in writing Trusts
He has translated several works
of the Reformers from Latin to English.

Getting a Good Shot

Friends visited while down for the Kaweah History Conference.
We enjoyed great speakers: Chuck Baldwin, John Weaver & Peter Hammond.


Checking the Brakes



I love the tradition of tossing the bouquet.
It is like passing the baton. ~Dinah

“The lot is cast into the lap
but every decision is from the Lord.”
~Prov. 16:33


Sat. evening in Yosemite:
It was dark out, so the girls below could not see it when Elisabeth tossed her bouquet. When someone shined a light, Dinah saw it lying on the pavement and thought, "Oh, no one caught it. I guess I can just pick it up."
We pray the newlyweds will understand that marriage is not just for them, it is for the Lord and an example to all.
As Steve Wilkins says: "Marriage is not [just] for you, it is for the Lord, it is [an example] for the world."
Esther

1 comment:

Nick Jesch said...

Yes, the conference was amazing.... we all learned a lot and met more wonderful people. And the hospitality extended to us at the Seppi home is as good as it gets... our time there was memorable. Wish it could have been longer.
My friend Paul was also very impressed..... we had some good talking on the way back to his place in Santa Rosa last night. Some things he has believed were challenged....... in a good way.

Isn't it wonderful how our Lord grows His kingdom... and His people?