Friday, January 9, 2009

Let's get vacuuming!!!

Written by Mrs. U and posted on her beautiful blog:
Making a House a Home

You know, normally I like to share pretty pictures...But not today. Today I share these:



Why do I share these horrid photos? Because y'all, these are dust mites. And when you find dust in your home, THESE LITTLE CREATURES ARE THERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, Mr. U and Joshua moved our INCREDIBLY HEAVY bed so I could vacuum underneath. I cannot tell you the last time that I vacuumed under ther because, well, uh, um, I uh, do I have to admit that here? I, uh, sighhhhhhhh, I have never vacuumed under there.

Oh dear.
I said it.
Anyone still here?
Yes, I am ashamed to admit it, but it's true. I am NOT the best homekeeper, but I am learning y'all. :)
Let me make it clear, however, that I DO vacuum in the bedroom twice a week, in fact. I just don't move the heavy furniture. I move furniture in other areas of the house that is easier for me to move, but our bedroom has been overlooked by me.

Anyway there was quite a bit of dust under there and the thought of those dust mites made my skin crawl!!!!!!! So, I want to issue a challange to everyone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE move each piece of furniture in your home and vacuum underneath all of them within the next month. What do you think? Can you do that? Most of y'all probably move your furniture monthly, but there are probably a few who, like me, have heavy furniture in spots and those particular spots have been long forgotten by the vacuum cleaner.

Anyone with me on this?

Let's get the dust mites OUT OF OUR HOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might like to check out Mrs. U's blog:

No comments: