Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A 2005 Prayer for My Man of God’s Own Choosing



That he would love God with his whole life.
He will love children 
and welcome them as blessings.

That he would be excellent at his work.

That he would value femininity in me

and bring up his daughters to be 
great, strong, joyful ladies 
in the Kingdom of God.
That he would value and study nutrition 
to lead his family rightly.
That he will love my brothers and 
that would continue after we married.

That he would love to laugh, to read 
and know how to fight the enemy.
He will be a man of honor 
toward his own family and mine.
The kind of man Mom could look to 
if she lost Daddy.

That music would be in our home.
And when we are old it could be said that 
his heart could safely trust in me.
That I would do him good and 
not evil all the days of my life.
And I pray that he would be a man 
without addictions.
Regina's writing 
~ posted by her mother, Esther

No comments: