Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wooten's Pond

Slicing Figs

Wooten's Shetland Sheep Dog

Checking Out the Harvest

Seppi Bros.

Regina froze over 20 gallons on this day.

California Peaches

Productive California

Grapes

J: “Dinah could you please come to the pond with me? Please, I beg you!”

D: “No Jo, I need to stay home and read so I can be a better mother someday.”

J: “You will be a better mother someday if you come and swim with me.”

D: “You almost convince me, but no, I have too much work to do. Regina is going with you and she can play and you'll have a special time.”

J: “You ought to come with me because this may be your last time swimming with me before you get married!”

D: “Oh, I do not think so!”

J: “Yeah, I think you are going to get married tomorrow and I’ll never see you again.”

D: “Tomorrow?” I said laughing.

J: “I think some guy is going to marry you in the night and take you off to Idaho. You are going to have a speed wedding.”

D: “Sounds more like kidnapping to me.” I said as I made tortillas for Victor.

J: “I wish I could convince you.”

Jodavid walked into the living room and was silent for a while.

J: “Would you go if I had made those tortillas for you?”

D: “No.”

Then he sat in silence.

D: “I guess I’ll go. Yeah, I will come.”

Jodavid walked into the kitchen. “Dinah, I prayed you would come. God changed your heart!”

D: “You did?”

J: “Yes, that is what I was doing in the living room.”

D: “Yes, God changed my heart.”

J: “What I said had influence on you!”

I went. Once again, I found out that when we invest our time into children we have more fun than we would have on our own. ~Dinah


Dinah found flowers in the pond.

Jodavid Under the Pier

The race is on!

David, Jd & Dinah

Weeping Willows

Regina

One Little Confederate in a Yankee Boat

Jd

Jodavid

Daddy laughing at us

Irrigation Pond

Wooten's Ranch

Hannah caught grapes in her mouth as her brother tossed them into the air!
I, Dinah, snuck around the pickup truck to get this pic.
They stopped as soon as they saw the camera.

Lance Talking to Mr. Wooten about Beekeeping

Hannah with her brother, Drew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,looks like you had fun!
btw, where did you get the swimsuits for you and Regina, Dinah?

Regina said...

Hi Mell!
My swim suit is a tankini top from Sierratradingpost.com with nylon shorts I found on sale at Sears.
Dinah's is made of 4-way-stretch lycra with a pattern from: http://www.modestswimwearsolutions.com/
The lycra dress is fun to play in the pool or out.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful pictures, it was truly a pleasure to meet your family today, every one I met was truly a credit to your clan, your kith and kin.

I will attach a link to here from my blog @ http://macgafraidh.com

I look forward to seeing you if you make the monday sessions of the conference.

God bless

William Mc Cafferty