Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Barlean's Fresh Flax Oil



My menstrual peroids were very painful, incapacitating me for about 2 days per cycle. Dizziness, vomiting and a fever-like sensation came each cycle. Then I tried Flax oil.


A dear friend encouraged me to see a Dr. about it. So I called our naturopath. He suggested: 3 Tablespoons of flax oil for 6 weeks. "You have to take enough of it to make it work. It clears up about 80% of cases."
He sent it in two-day priority mail. He gets it fresh from the factory and stores it in a freezer. It tastes so good on potatoes, rice, beans or bread.
It worked! After about 3 weeks of taking it and exercising once a week (4 mile walk/run) my menstrual cycle was painless! It was like I was living in paradise, I had lots of energy. I jogged 4 miles with dad, ran 30 flights of stairs, cooked, cleaned and did all the normal daily chores during my period. I had always heard that all women should take flax oil, that it was good for their hormones and that it was really good for children with growing brains, but now I know it is true.


Make sure your source is fresh. Many health food sources sell it rancid and bitter.
~Dinah Seppi

2 comments:

Haley Brooke said...

How interesting! I've not heard of flax oil working for this before. Would it help to ease cramps and back pain as well?

Melody said...

Yes, definitely!