Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ruth D. Wahl, Grandmother of Zachary (Sarah), Noah, Joshua (Fama), Bethany, and Matthew Robinson


Ruth D. Wahl passed away on November 15, 2012 in Shoreline, WA at the age of 91. Ruth was born November 23, 1920 in Lincoln Valley, ND. She met her husband, Loren Wahl, in North Dakota and they were married for 71 years when she passed away. Ruth was a piano teacher and an organist in churches in Wishek, ND and Seattle. She loved growing flowers and creating craft displays out of natural objects. She was preceded in death by her parents, Edward and Pauline Wagner and her daughter, Laurelee Robinson and granddaughter Katrina Wahl. Ruth is survived by her husband Loren Wahl, her brother Charles (Barbara) Wagner, sons Larry (Sharon) and Lyle (Anita) Wahl, 9 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren including Joseph, Jonathan, Daniel and Caleb, and two nephews. Entombment and a memorial gathering was held at Acacia Funeral Home, 14951 Bothell Way NE, Seattle, WA on November 26th at 1:30 PM followed by a reception at the Anderson House at 17127 15th Avenue NE, Shoreline, WA.
Update of the one published in The Seattle Times November 19, 2012


November 21, 2012
I remember Aunt Ruth when she used to come to the Wahl family farm in North Dakota. I was just a child during those visits. Aunt Ruth was a dark-haired beautiful woman. She loved looking at the "antiques" on the farm - the old gas lamps, the trunks that had letters from World War I and II in them, and the old horse harnesses hanging in the barn. Aunt Ruth's love for her husband and children and grandchildren was evident during those visits. Uncle Loren loved to laugh with my dad. The suitcases had barely been unloaded from Uncle Loren's and Aunt Ruth's car before Dad and Uncle Loren would be telling jokes and laughing their deep belly laughs. Aunt Ruth and my mom would sit around the table, their eyes twinkling, shaking their heads at their men, but laughing too, just watching their guys having such a good time. I could see the happiness and love and joy in Aunt Ruth's face when she looked at her husband, children, and grandchildren.
Aunt Ruth was a woman who valued the past. She liked to look at the things left behind by my grandparents and great-grandparents. She valued the present. She enjoyed watching her grandchildren play, her children taking care of their children, and her husband enjoying being with his brothers again. She valued the future, knowing her true life was with the God of all eternity someday when He would call her home. God has called her home. I know Aunt Ruth is so very alive now. She is with her Lord of the past, the present, and the future. I can only imagine the joy that floods Aunt Ruth's very being at this moment of being in the presence of Christ, but I know it is abundant, far greater than any joy she knew while living in the past or the present here on earth. "I go to prepare a home for you," Jesus said. Aunt Ruth has gone to the home her Savior has prepared for her that she may be where He is. We love you, Aunt Ruth. You are missed.
Niece, 
Becky Meyers
Becky Meyers,
Cedarville, Michigan


November 18, 2012
I remember Ruth as I first met her in 1956 in North Dakota. She had beautiful black hair, fair complexion and she could play the piano with grace and art. She welcomed me as if she had known me for a long time, altho it was our first meeting. I had come with my fiance to meet his North Dakota brothers. I felt very much at home and was eager to have more of these . contacts. Ruth was such a gracious person, so talented and I always considered her a true lady, one of my quiet mentors in my life. Thank you, Ruth, for your influence in my life. I shall miss your physical presence but look forward to a more joyful reunion in Glory.
Sister-in-law, Fran Wahl

Ruth D. Wahl Guest Book

No comments: