Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ninteen Good Years Celebrated

I am very thankful to God for giving me life and allowing me to serve Him another year!

At 1AM I woke up and started reading because I had fallen asleep early and was not tired. Melody opened her eyes and smiled, "It's your birthday Dinah! Happy Birthday! She was the first to tell me.

Before I got out of bed Daddy came to my room told me, “Happy birthday!” and how special I was and that he loved me.

My first two gifts were phone calls: First from my Grandma Stoops. I told her I have so many good memories of being at her home. She said "I miss so much having the family gatherings. Maybe some day in heaven I'll get to invite all the family over to my place again... and I miss making those pinwheel Christmas cookies [for everybody]..."

"Thank you so much for praying for me all these years," I said.

“I consider it my duty." She responded.

Grandma had seven children and has 29 grandkids and about 25 great-grandchildren. She prays for each one before bed every day. That must be how she keeps track of all the names of her descendants and spouses.

It was so good to hear Grandma’s voice. I remember her working hard to make good food and cleaning the floor and giving me a bath and singing “Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross…”

I also received a call from my sister Fama in Oregon. I felt loved she remembered me. It was nice chatting.


A nightgown from Mother, just like hers.
Now we can be twins!
"Modeling"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dinah!
May the Lord bless you this
birthday and for years to come.
your friend,
Katie Singleton