Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why I Love Being an Entrepreneur by Lance

I love working with my brothers and sisters. It sure beats commuting to work everyday to build up the wealth of another man. We are building a beekeeping business that we pray will someday support large families.

Last May, Victor and I were in the oranges thirty minutes from home, supering the bees for the orange honey flow. When the cell phone rang, a trucker calling as he approached our house with a load of 4,000 frames. I knew I couldn’t make it back in time to unload it, so I called my younger brother to operate the forklift. The next time I talked to the trucker, he was impressed at Jodavid’s excellent handling of the forklift unloading several pallets of frames.


Our sisters are a great help rolling our pollen patties, bottling honey, bagging almonds, and selling them.


Victor and I worked two months as apprentices for a big beekeeper. We heard a lot of Spanish music playing in the warehouse. It is wonderful to work for ourselves, listening to hundreds of lectures by great men of the faith: Doug Philips, Gary DeMar, Geoff Botkin, R.J Rushdoony, Steve Wilkins, and many others. Each day it is a joy to go out looking forward to learning history lessons from these fine men. It makes the load light. Being out with my brothers gives us plenty of time to discuss the things we are learning. Thus, by being entrepreneurs we grow together in the Lord.

2 comments:

Nick Jesch said...

Good job, Jodavid! I can imagine that trucker, first seeing you, and thinking to himself NO WAY will I let that KID get anywhere near MY rig with that lift.... the things you all are learning through that business will stand you all in great stead no matter WHAT the economy and political situation brings upon us. Self-motivation, "if it needs doing I can do it", making sure what needs to happen does, getting help, looking from the "big picture" vantage point, working hard, being a team, those are things almost never learned in normal schools, and so are in very short supply in the marketplace. Men and women who have those things working in their lives will be the head, and never the tail. It is so good to see you all have parents who busy themselves to impart these things to you, even at sacrifice to their own time and convenience... not to mention their paycheck! Most "Dads" would rather have a boat, vacation home, play with custom cars, whatever, before investing in their children like yours does. How blessed you are in this!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, Lance! We like the daily updates from the Seppi blog - you guys and girls are a great inspiration to us in Sacramento!