Monday, March 15, 2010

Learning to be a lady


Kevin Swanson says that a girl being feminine and graceful does not come naturally. You have to train them to be dignified. When little girls come into the world “they actually act more like cave men.”

Young ladies need to do this not only in public but in the privacy of homes with their brothers and sisters. One of the things that inspires a young lady to be feminine is when masculine men treat them with Christian chivalry.
Manners are the byproduct of Christian culture. They are customs communicating the word of God: Loving servanthood, putting others first and behaving beautifully which reflects the glory of Christ.~Dinah


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember a time when I was much younger that I was quite a 'tom-boy' but when I met a young man that was very much a gentleman compared to all the other boys around me it inspired me to want to behave ladylike. In fact, it was that inspiration which lead me to want to read books like, 'So Much More', 'How to Be a Lady', and 'In My Father's House'. If it hadn't been for those books primarily, I may never have learned about feminism and godly feminine womanhood; at least not to the degree that I have now.
It was because of the gentlemanly behavior of a brother in Christ that I read 'So Much More' which literally transformed my life. I do not claim to be the perfect lady at all, but I am very grateful to the Lord for at least bringing things about in my life that would give me the desire to be a lady.