Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seppi-vonTrapp Wedding Reception

The hills are alive
with the sound of music.

vonTrapp Decor

Elisa

Art

Before we left home,
I asked Daddy what he thought about dancing.
Daddy said he thought it is okay
as long as guy didn't hold me too close
and it cause any problems.
I told Daddy I don't mind dancing
with someone like Uncle Sam.
But if it is a young guy
sometimes it doesn't seem right.
Grandma's friend, Barbara
commented on what a wonderful band it was.
She invited, "Let's go dance."
I said, "I don't know how."
She said , "It's okay; come on"
She and I danced together,
then with her daughter-in-law, Suzette
and with about five other ladies in a circle.
I [Dinah] caught Elisa's bouquet.
Many were jubilent for me.
Then I danced with Elisa.
She dances with all her strength.
It was quite a workout.
Auntie Mary Seppi said "Okay Dinah,
now you should dance with [Uncle] John."
He taught me the Austrian waltz.
He said, "Now when you do this,
you just have to follow the guy,
because every guy is different.
You just follow his lead."

Ellen & Henry, Auntie Mary
Mary married Henry when Elisa was ten

They were married ten years.
Henry is still a real father to Elisa.


Johannas vonTrapp, Jorge Sepulvada and Uncle John


Max and Anne

Anne worked at the Lodge horse stable when she was 19.
She use to take Maria vonTrapp riding, but had to watch,
because even in her ninties,
Maria liked adrinaline and would go too fast.
She sometimes fell off the horse
and Anne would help her back on.

Regina Dancing with Dinah

In the picture above is also Elisa
and her three cousins present at her wedding.

Since it was my first time dancing,
Auntie Mary got lessons for me.

He was about 14 years old and really good!

No comments: